Here’s some more info about our list of performers (which you can find at our ARTFUSiON page), who are playing at our Artfusion Festival today. (Feel free to come on down and visit us, 12-6pm today!)
- 12:00 – Wayne Butler, National Anthem
- 12:05 – Hot Hoops: View their website for more information!
- 12:30 – Kevin Woolridge, singer-songwriter: Check out his website for his music here and for his art here.
- 1:00 – Neighbourhood Strays Bellydance Troupe: The Neighbourhood Strays are a gypsy-style bellydance troupe located in St. John’s, Newfoundland. We perform Atseguin (Eastern European Gypsy) bellydance with influences from American Tribal, Egyptian, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Indian, and other forms of dance. Our website is here!
- 1:30 – St. John’s Ukulele Orchestra: An orchestra of 5, formed from a larger Ukelele Club, the St. John’s Ukelele Orchestra entertains with a fun mixing of style – both original and covers. Chat with them on Facebook: here! or watch their new music video here!
- 2:00 – Mallory Johnson, singer-songwriter
- 2:30 – James Burke, juggler
- 3:00 – Christine Kirby, singer-songwriter
- 4:00 – Chris LeDrew, singer-singerwriter
- 4:30 – Isla Flamenca, flamenco dancing: Experience the fire of Spain with the passionate dancing of Isla Flamenca! This St. John’s based flamenco troupe was formed in 2010 by dancers Christina Penney, Linda Guillemette and Caitlin Williams-Jones. Isla Flamenca is available for public performances at a variety of events. Christina also teaches beginner through advanced level flamenco classes at Wild Lily Dance Centre (website here!). For more information on inviting Isla Flamenca to perform at an event, or about classes, please contact Christina by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5:00 – Dan Ficken, guitarist: Check out his website for more information about him and what he does!
We’re also having displays by the following visual artists (and other artists!):
- Tracey Browne (jewelry)
- Peggy Tremblett (visual art)
- Allison Prior (visual artist): Check out her website for information about her and her art classes!
- Geoff Meeker (Jellybean Row)
- Kevin Woolridge (comic book artist):: Check out his website for his music here and for his art here.
- Rory O’Connor (visual artist)
- Admiralty House Museum: Enjoy fascinating, surprising, and once top secret stories. This historic building was originally constructed in 1914 by the Marconi Telegraph Co. during World War I as the top secret H.M. Wireless Station for the British Royal Navy. This station, now the last standing of 13 around the world, was built to intercept secret German naval transmissions, track icebergs and ships in distress. Now offering Pirate Parties for ages 7+. Visit their website for more details.
- Darren Hann (author)
If you came to our website looking for one of our daily challenges, click “Previous Post” to see the challenge for today (September 10th!)